Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween!


It's almost Halloween, so here I am with my very first attempt at holiday nail art!!

As you can tell, it's a little sketchy, but I still thought it was super cute, and looked really impressive from a distance.  Which counts for something, really.

I got carried away by my jack-o-lantern, and forgot to give Frankenstein real eyes and angry eyebrows.  So, I'm going to say that it's some sort of hybrid.  The spider is my favourite!



I used a couple colours I just bought ridiculously cheaply in San Francisco, the green is Bellapierre's aptly named Neon Green, the pumpkin orange is Matte.N.A in Comedy, the ghost orange is Bellapierre Neon Orange and the barely noticeable spider's pupils are China Glaze "Kinetic Candy."

I was in San Francisco last week for three days, and spent a good portion of one day on the Muni, scouring the city for cheap nail polish.  I came back home with... fifty bottles.  But, but, but, now I feel like I really have a solid spectrum of colours to choose from in my collection.  Right? Something like that.

Also! I bought my first bottle of Seche Vite (for four dollars, I must add), and tried it with this mani.  Loved the shine, but this morning, approximately 12 hours after the manicure (at least 8 of which were spent sleeping), there was a ton of tip wear and lifting.  I'll keep experimenting, so if anyone has any tips, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment